We love our homes but sometimes other things take priority and they are neglected. If your kitchen is looking tired, but there aren’t funds for a full remodel, here are
some ways you can spruce it up for a fresh look.
1. Install a new backsplash
2. Upgrade cabinet and drawer knobs. If new knobs would break the budget,
remove and spray paint silver before reinstalling.
3. Add a single open shelf. In general open shelves require more maintenance
than cabinets, but a single shelf with attractive accessories can be a focal
4. Nothing dates a kitchen more than outdated lighting fixtures. Consider
under-cabinet strip lighting, or updating the fixture over the dining area.
5. Accessorize—a pretty throw rug, an attractive appliance an interesting spice
6. Paint the cabinets. Wood is out; paint is in. If you also replace or spray the
knobs, no one will know they aren’t entirely new.
7. Door knobs and lighting are not the only candidates for replacement. A new
sink faucet in an updated style can change the whole vibe of the room.
8. Organize your storage. Use drawer and shelf dividers. Store like foods, like
snacks, which can clutter counters, in baskets in your cabinet for quick