On the theme of Green for the month of March here are a few statistics from Park Rx America that connect good health with the outdoors:
- Time in nature decreases anxiety and negative thinking and lowers levels of depression and stress.
- Outdoor activity improves both mental and physical well-being more than indoor activity.
- Time in nature helps to decrease high blood pressure
- Diabetics who spend more time in nature are more physically active and show better blood sugar control
- Time in nature is associated with better cognitive development in school children,
- The closer you are to green space, the less you suffer from cardiovascular, mental health, respiratory, neurological, and digestive diseases.
Hope you get to leave the house this month and spend some time in nature!