Celebrate Memorial Day!
Memorial Day commemorates all those who have died in any war in the nation’s service, beginning with the Civil War. It is celebrated on the last Monday of May every year. Despite the somber beginnings of Memorial Day, many Americans think of Memorial Day as the three-day weekend that unofficially marks the beginning of the summer season. Often, families will get together to watch a local parade or go for a picnic in the park or at the beach. Car races such as the Indianapolis 500 and the Coca-Cola 600 are run on Memorial Day. Here are some events in the Los Angeles area:
- Memorial Day Walk to remember and flag installation at the Santa Monica pier
- Memorial Day Ceremony at Forest Lawn Cemetery, May 28 1pm
- Concert at Sky Rose Chapel at Rose Hills in Whittier
https://goallevents.com/e/rose-hills-100th-memorial-day-observance-andamp-celebration-E80002606721283Visit the USS Iowa, a World War II battleship in San Pedro
- Memorial Day Parade in Canoga Park with Military Units, marching bands,
floats, antique cars and military flyovers.
- Happy Face Music Festival in the Simi Valley, May 28, 2022 2-7pm
- Memorial Day Festival Hermosa in Hermosa Beach May 28-30
- Topanga Days at Topanga Canyon May 29-30, 2022
- Redondo Beach Veteran’s Ceremony May 30, 2022 1pm