Many bathrooms have low light and high humidity. Here are five plants that do well in those conditions. Just another way to bring some more green into your personal space.
- Airoids, such as the easy-to-grow, trailing heart-shaped pothos. Its cousin, the Alocasis “Tiny Dancers” has cupped teardrop-shaped leaves on top of foot-tall stems which fan out, often creating a tiered effect.
- Ferns do well in the bathroom. After all, they live by waterfalls and rivers and streams.
- Enjoy the tentacles of the Tillandsia. Because their leaves absorb water, air plants require no soil and love a steamy bathroom.
- Hoyas have the distinction of being a tropical succulent. Their thick leaves thrive in humidity, but want a bathroom with a big window. Their stems are vine-like so a shelf or hanger displays them well.
- Orchids, because they flourish in lower-than-ideal light and have water-absorbing leaves will also love the loo.