A shortage of houses for sale has increased competition within the U.S. housing market, while driving the inventory of houses to record-low levels in many cities. So how do you keep your sanity during the search for a new home?
- Know what you want
- Know your budget—what down payment can you make? What monthly payment can you afford?
- Have a list of must-have features—Don’t settle for a property you are not sure of.
- Remember there are pros and cons to each property
- Don’t get mentally attached to a new home until the keys are in your hands.
- If you lose out on a house, allow yourself to be upset for 20 minutes, then move on.
- The right house will come along.
- Listen to your Realtor.