We have collected tips from all over the Internet to help you throw an outdoor party in your backyard or a local park.
- Instead of a pricey sun sail to provide shade, use 4 poles and a bed sheet to create a shaded area.
- No picnic table? Place a door or piece of plywood on top of 4 paint cans filled with sand and cover with oilcloth or a bedsheet.
- Create a children’s corner with hula hoops, corn hole, and other outdoor games. Have an older child supervise.
- No cooler? A laundry tub filled with ice makes a great chiller for canned or bottled drinks.
- Tea lights in assorted glass jars with an inch or so of sand instead of strings of electric lights make for great mood lighting as evening approaches.
- Make it a potluck. Just be sure to keep track so you don’t get 7 bean salads or 5 Pineapple and Lime Jell-O molds and you are set up to keep foods chilled or warm to serve safely.