Some ideas for start the year right with these 10 once-a-year cleaning tasks:
1. Wipe down outside windows—use a spray cleaner and lint-free cloth to wipe
horizontally until dry.
2. Wash or dry clean curtains and drapes—follow directions on labels.
3. Deep clean your dryer. Even if you clean the ling filter with each load, you need
to vacuum out the duct to the outside at least once a year.
4. If you have a fireplace, sweep out the vacuum the ashes and clean the hearth.
5. Tidy up upholstered furniture. Spot clean as necessary.
6. Purge your garage and basement or attic. Re-evaluate what you’ve collected
and donate what you don’t need.
7. If you have them, vacuum around your heating vents.
8. Wipe down outdoor furniture. Squirt some dish detergent in bowl or warm
water and wipe down. Rinse with your garden hose.
9. Deep clean your carpet.
10. Empty your gutters, if necessary.
–adapted from Good Housekeeping